MARYPORT GROUP PRACTICE
POSITION: CLEANER (Relief)
(Permanent position subject to successful probation)
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Assistant Practice Manager
ROLE: Cleaning the property of the Practice as directed in line with current protocol
HOURS: Covering twenty-four weeks of annual leave plus other absences as and when required
SALARY: National Minimum Wage
Responsible for the cleaning of the surgery buildings & property, and as directed in line with current guidelines and protocol. Good organisational and interpersonal skills will be required for the role. The ability to multi task and to possess the physical capability to engage in manual labour will be beneficial.
Any issues should be reported in the first instance to the Assistant Practice Manager, who will liaise with the Practice Manager as required. The ability to work well with other members of the team and to assist in the training of new staff may also be a requirement of the role.
General cleaning duties within the surgery as part of the cleaning team will feature. These duties are to be undertaken in line with the Practice cleaning programmes, and with adherence to current protocols.
- Vacuum all areas of the surgery that have been in use
- Empty bins into the correct bags
- Clean all sinks and working surfaces that have been in use
- Clean and disinfect all toilets
- Damp dust all surfaces that have been in use
- Tidy rooms ready for use
- Notify Assistant Practice Manager of any breakages or hazards
- Wash up items in consulting rooms and staff areas
- Clean worktop surfaces in kitchen
- Wash all hard floors: treatment/consulting rooms/staff areas/waiting rooms/corridors
- Check paper towel dispensers and replace as necessary
- Maintain supplies of cleaning materials
- Disinfect all patient couches twice weekly
- Turn off lights, set alarm and lock Surgery premises when leaving
- Polishing furniture and reception desk
- Clean walls in consulting rooms and throughout corridors
- Clean telephones
- Check stock of cleaning materials and leave a note for the Assistant Practice Manager
- Clean entrance doors
- Defrost fridge & clean any kitchen cupboards that need attention
- Spot clean any carpet stains
- Empty vacuum bag
- Put rubbish out for collection on correct day
- Check and wash plastic toys
- Clean inside of any windows
- Clean ceilings
- Clean examination room curtains
- Replace disposable curtains
- Liaise with Assistant Practice Manager regarding carpet/fabric/upholstery cleaning
- Arrange “spring” cleaning schedule
Also to undertake any other cleaning tasks that may occasionally be required, prior notification will be given and overtime paid at the hourly rate.
• Being courteous, honest and practical
• Being reliable and punctual
• Following health and safety regulations
• Liaising with other workers – internal and external
Be aware of, and work in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, thereby working in a safe and efficient manner.
Perform their duties in a professional and competent manner
Accurate completion of daily cleaning plans for both the surgery and the surgical unit to demonstrate adherence to current infection control guidelines & CCG directives
Adhere to the guidance detailed in the Staff Handbook which forms part of the terms and conditions of employment
This Job Description will be subject to development and review
Closing date: Friday 30th August 2019 at 18:00
Applications in writing enclosing CV with cover letter to:
Assistant Practice Manager
Maryport Health Services
or alternatively to:
Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary negotiable, dependent on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the practice for a Nurse Practitioner to work alongside our skill mix of GPs, Nurse Practitioners, Paramedics and Nurses. You will be expected to undertake a variety of roles providing acute access to services, including minor ailments and injuries and integrate with other providers of care. Knowledge and experience of primary and Community Care would be advantageous, but is not essential, and training will be provided.
The successful candidate would be working alongside our existing Nurse Practitioners and GPs, have a non-medical prescribing qualification and experience of working as an autonomous practitioner in conjunction with a multi-disciplinary team.
Appropriate qualifications and experience to enable the successful candidate to examine, diagnose, treat, prescribe and refer patients presenting with undiagnosed and undifferentiated conditions are essential.
As well as being part of a great team, the successful candidate will benefit from:
A friendly, supportive and professional environment;
A culture of continuous improvement and learning;
Support with ongoing training and development;
Regular clinical education sessions;
Onsite staff parking;
A staff common room encouraging team interaction over coffee;
Excellent remuneration and package based upon previous NHS experience.
Our well-established team includes 6 GP partners supported by excellent clinical and administrative teams (including a Home Visiting Team, Paediatric Nurses, 2 other Nurse Practitioners and a Mental Health Practitioner) serving a list of 14,000 patients.
Finding the right person for our team is our priority so whilst seeking to fill 37.5 hours per week, we will consider part-time applications for job share.
Applications in writing to NHS Jobs website (Job Reference: 262-A-19-58504) closing date 20th August 2019