IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PATIENTS: CORONAVIRUS
If you require an urgent appointment please phone the Surgery on the day of your urgent medical issue.
We are very carefully monitoring the situation with regards to the Coronavirus, and are implementing the necessary changes required to ensure that we deliver Primary Care as safely as possible under exceptional circumstances.
All patients requesting an appointment with a Clinician at the Surgery will be offered a phone appointment with an appropriate member of the team. If it is deemed necessary and appropriate you may then be asked to visit the surgery. If you are offered a face to face appointment please follow the guidance below.
For all Face to face appointments with GP and Nursing team:
· Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible. *Patients arriving by car may be asked to remain in their vehicles until a member of our team is ready to see you.
· Please wear a face covering at all times and observe the 2 metre social distancing rule.
· Face coverings are to protect both patients and staff and access to the surgery may be restricted for those who come without a face covering.
· Please attend alone unless you require a carer/parent to be present, when only 1 other person should come with you.
· Please ensure you use the loo before attending as you may not be able to use the lavatory facilities in the Surgery.
· Use the hand sanitiser provided before entering the waiting area and before leaving the building.
These measures are all to protect patients & staff
Hug-a-Mug remains closed to face-to-face drop-ins at the Surgery but a telephone service is now operating and any patients of Maryport Health Services wishing to seek advice and information about health & wellbeing, employment, housing, finance and family support can do so by contacting Maryport Health Services on 01900 815544 and asking for Hug-a-Mug.
Due to exceptionally high demand for prescriptions the Practice has now extended the timeframe for processing requests to three working days.
· Any patients wishing to collect prescriptions from Alneburgh Pharmacy will have to contact the Pharmacy on 01900 819111 to make arrangements for collecting prescriptions. Please contact Alneburgh Pharmacy before attempting to collect your prescription as it may not be ready to collect if you attend at the Pharmacy.
· If you have a fever or new continous cough please DO NOT come to surgery and self-isolate for seven days, if your condition worsens or you still have symptoms of a cough or fever after seven days telephone NHS111 for advice and treatment.
· Latest information can be found at https://gov.uk/coronavirus or https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
· Any future updates will be added to our Practice website and Facebook page.
The safety of all patients is of paramount importance to us and we would like to reassure you that we are taking as many precautions as we possibly can.
Please note repeat prescriptions will be processed as normal, please do not put your requests for medication in any earlier than twenty-one days since the last issue as these requests will be rejected.
Welcome to Maryport Health Services
Our practice has a long-established tradition of providing high quality medical care in Maryport and the surrounding villages since 1964.
It is our intention that this tradition continues by providing a caring and personal service, whilst keeping up to date with the latest medical developments.
Alneburgh House, Ewanrigg Road, Maryport, Cumbria, CA15 8EL
Telephone: 01900 815544
Fax: 01900 816626
SIGN UP FOR ONLINE SERVICES!
BOOK APPOINTMENTS AND ARRANGE REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS ONLINE FROM HOME!
EXTENDED ACCESS SERVICES:
Need a routine GP or Nurse appointment during the evening or weekend? More information can be found via the Cumbria Health on Call document (PDF, 253KB)
Surgery Opening Hours
|Monday - Friday
||8.00am - 6.00pm
|Saturday - Sunday
|Dr Mark Steel
||Dr Pauline Gage
|Dr Jenny Calvert
||Dr Johannah Langmead
|Dr Daniel Berkeley
||Dr Matthias Dombrowsky
|Dr Sue Dowling
||Dr Jane Baxter
|Dr Andrea Mulgrew
||Dr Dornubari Lebari
"All GP practices are required to declare the mean earnings (e.g. average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GPs working in Maryport Group Practice in the last financial year was £74,807 before tax and National Insurance. This is for 3 full time GPs and 9 part time GPs who worked in the practice for more than six months."